Nicholas E. Wocl
Nicholas E. Wocl received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Providence College in 1981. Upon graduation, he was commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marines Corps Reserve. Mr. Wocl earned his Juris Doctor degree, with honors, from the University of Bridgeport School of Law in 1984. While in law school, Mr. Wocl was promoted to First Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. During law school, he was selected for membership in the Law Review and in his third year he was appointed Managing Editor of the Law Review. As a third year law student, Mr. Wocl became the first law student in the State of Connecticut to try a case in Federal Court. At his law school commencement, he received the Excellence in Litigation Skills and Practice Award for demonstration of outstanding litigation skills.
In 1984, Nicholas E. Wocl was admitted to the practice of law in Connecticut and Pennsylvania. He is also admitted to practice in Federal Court for the District of Connecticut, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
As an attorney, Mr. Wocl has devoted his professional career to litigation. For the past 10 years, he has concentrated solely on litigating personal injury, medical malpractice, complex worker's compensation, attorney grievance hearings and complex commercial litigation matters. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association, Association of Trial Lawyers of America and Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. He regularly volunteers his time to serve as a Court appointed fact finder and arbitrator for the Connecticut Superior Court for the Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk. He is a founding member of Tooher & Wocl, L.L.C.
Nicholas E. Wocl has been designated as a Super Lawyer® by Connecticut Magazine as one of the top Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice attorneys in the State of Connecticut from 2006-2015. In June of 2006, Mr. Wocl was elected to the prestigious position as a member of the Board of Directors for the Connecticut Trial Lawyer's Association.
America's most exclusive directory of law firms for more than 80 years, The Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers lists only those select law practices and law firm; that have earned the AV Rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Director; and have therefore been designated by their colleagues as preeminent in their field.
Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Medical Malpractice -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Worker's Compensation
- Property (Ad Valorem) Taxes
- Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Connecticut, 1984
- Pennsylvania, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: With Honors
- Law Review: University of Bridgeport Law Review, Managing Editor, 1982 - 1984
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island
- Major: History Education
Professional Associations and Memberships
- United States Marine Corps Reserve, First Lieutenant, 1981 - 1984
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member