Injuries caused by automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrians struck by motor vehicles, bicycle accidents and tractor trailer truck-motor vehicle collisions are by far, the most common type of personal injury case in our court system. Every ten seconds, someone in the United States is injured in a car accident. At Tooher Wocl & Leydon LLC we are very experienced in handling these types of cases.
Over the years, Tooher Wocl & Leydon LLC has represented thousands of injured automobile operators, automobile passengers, motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians. Many of these cases involve:
- Drunk Drivers
- Driving through Stop Signs and Stop Lights
- Drivers Failing to Keep a Proper Lookout
- Racing Drivers
- Left Hand Turn Collisions
- Intersection Collisions
- Drivers Talking on Cell Phone
- Sleeping Drivers
- Improper Lane Changes
- Head on Collisions
- Inattentive Drivers
- Speeding Motor Vehicle
- Rear end Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Reckless Drivers
- Vehicles with Improperly Stored Cargos
- Tailgating Motor Vehicles
- Operators Disregarding Weather and Traffic Conditions
- Motor Vehicles Operated with Unsafe Equipment such as Improper Brakes, Unsafe Tires, Improper Maintenance of Vehicles
Several studies show that injured individuals who are represented by an attorney receive over twice the compensation than individuals without a lawyer receive. It is important that you contact a lawyer as soon as possible so that crucial evidence can be preserved and witnesses can be interviewed while the details are still fresh in their minds. Evidence like skid marks fade over time and seasonal weather conditions may change the landscape of the area where the accident occurred. In serious accidents, experts are used to help recreate the accident scene. By contacting an attorney immediately, you increase your likelihood of receiving the full compensation to which you are entitled.
Tooher Wocl & Leydon LLC carefully investigates and prepares our cases. A car accident investigation can include:
- Hiring a Private Investigator to Obtain Recorded Witness Statements
- Making Measurements at the Scene of a Motor Vehicle Accident
- Obtaining Photographs of Injuries of Victims
- Obtaining Photographs of Damage to Motor Vehicles
- Taking Photographs of the Scene of the Motor Vehicle Accident
- Ordering Police Reports and Records
- Hiring Accident Reconstructionists
- Preserving Evidence
- Identify Responsible Parties
- Hiring Toxicologists
- Hiring Biomechanical Engineers
- Taking Photographs of Skid Marks
- Taking Photographs of Defects in the Road
Serious car, truck, motorcycle and tractor-trailer accidents require the guidance of an experienced attorney. We have years of practice and an impressive track record representing people who have suffered significant injuries in motor vehicle accidents of all kinds. We work with your doctors and other health care providers to discuss the short and long-term medical consequences of your injury. Our detailed understanding of Connecticut's automobile insurance and liability laws mean that we understand the different sources of recovery available to car accident victims and their families. We are aware of the various theories of liability that enable our clients to collect the maximum amount of money from the responsible parties who caused them harm.
If you are injured in an automobile accident, you should contact an attorney immediately. Insurance companies have attorneys and they are "on call" whenever needed by an Insurance company. Injured victims of automobile accidents should also have attorneys to represent and advise them. Please contact Nicholas Wocl at 203.517.0456 or email the firm if you are seriously injured in a motor vehicle collision.
Tooher Wocl & Leydon LLC is a law firm experienced in handling wrongful death, medical malpractice, auto accidents, fall down claims, nursing home negligence and abuse, car crash and motor vehicle collision lawsuits. The personal injury trial lawyers handle cases throughout Fairfield County. If you have been seriously injured in Stamford, Norwalk, Fairfield, Bridgeport, or anywhere in Connecticut, please call one of our litigation attorneys at 203.517.0456, or email the firm to schedule a free consultation.